The Importance of Home Maintenance in Feng Shui
Feng Shui teaches us how to balance the energy of our surroundings to positively influence every aspect of our lives. No surprise then that the place we call home is at the top of our Feng Shui checklist.
Let’s break it down like this, from the outside in. On your way back in from taking your dog for his nightly stroll, pay attention to the walkway leading up to your front door and the surrounding landscaping.
- Keeping your walkway clear and free from damage can greatly improve the chance that new opportunities will come into your life. What kind of shape is your mailbox in? How about light fixtures, doors, and porches? It’s the little things that most people don’t think of or care about that can make the difference financially as well as in your health and vitality.
- Take a good look at your landscaping while you’re at it. Severe financial hardship can result from letting your grass grow too long, or by keeping dead plants or weeds around. Keep your front and back lawns well maintained by keeping the grass short, removing dead plants and leaves, and planting colorful flowers.
- One other aspect that could make a huge difference is water. First off, make sure there are no leaky hoses or sprinklers around your home. Do not over or under water your landscaping as this can cause emotional and financial troubles. Consider adding a water feature to your landscape design, such as a water fountain. Water is a sign of abundance and represents life energy or chi, so treating it with the care it deserves should never be underestimated.
When it comes to Feng Shui, the cleaner your home is, the better. A clean house results in better energy and a stronger life force. So… clean! Clean like you’ve never cleaned before, from top to bottom.
- When it comes to what you have in your home, less is more. Keep only the things you love and use often, and get rid of the clutter. If you want more good things to come into your life, you must make room for them. When your home is jam-packed, there is no room left for prosperity to flow in. Keep the money flowing in by getting the clutter out.
- After getting rid of all the clutter, you may notice dirt and/or scratches on the walls or doors. You’ll need to attend to this right away by cleaning, repairing, and/or replacing the walls and doors. If these things are not attended to, it can result in a feeling of hopelessness and missing opportunity. Doors are where your chi enters the home; so make sure they are well maintained, and keep the walkways clear to keep that positive energy a flowing!
- The windows in your home are considered it’s eyes. They’re how we take info in, so clarity is key here. If you’re having trouble focusing or making decisions, try cleaning your windows.
- Have you ever considered the importance of air quality while inside your home? It’s time to think about clearing the air, which studies show can sometimes be more toxic to breathe inside than the air outside. Yikes, right? Rest assured! Using specific indoor plants can help purify the air you and your family are breathing. Here are a few examples of air-purifying plants: Aloe Vera, spider plant (Chlorophytum comosum), gerbera daisy, snake plant, English ivy, even Chrysanthemums can all reduce airborne toxins. Do some research and find the perfect indoor plants for your home. Breathe easy knowing that the air in your home is a little cleaner. Thanks, Mother Nature! Just make sure to keep them out of the bedrooms.
- Here’s another nature element found inside your home: water. We touched on the care and maintenance of outdoor water features, and it’s just as important inside your home. Time to fix that leaking pipe or faucet, and keep your water, and life force, flowing.
- Light is powerful in Feng Shui, and it needs to be addressed in your home maintenance checklist. If you want the ability to see life clearly and lift your financial energy, then it’s important to clean light fixtures, replace burned out bulbs, and keep lights bright (no dim bulbs).
Taking care of your home, inside and out, as things are needed or come up will greatly improve how you feel and the energy balance of your abode which can only bring great things into your life. Keeping your home both clean and well-maintained just might be what you need to bring happiness and prosperity into your life. Seem overwhelming? Let me help. Schedule an in-home consultation with me, and I’ll gladly guide you through the process!
As you’re maintaining your home, you’re taking beneficial steps to allow the flow of positive Feng Shui energy called Chi to flow through your home. Make sure you are attracting it into your home and that the flow is optimal by following some steps on my website.
If you are interested in improving your life through Feng Shui, I can help.
I am a 3rd generation Feng Shui expert and have helped thousands of people add harmony and balance to their homes and offices without making it look like a Chinese restaurant exploded.
I can help you attract the life that you deserve with Feng Shui. Contact me today!
Know of someone about to go on a trip? Share this post with them on Facebook!