Fragrant Feng Shui
Smells evoke powerful memories. Remember going to Grandma’s house when you were younger? It had a very distinct smell that we don’t easily forget. This is because our sense of smell activates our brains faster than sounds, sights, or even feelings.
It makes perfect sense then that Feng Shui principles can be used with essential oils to change the energy flow in any space. Feng Shui is all about bringing, creating, and having fresh, rejuvenating, and positive energy flow in your space. A couple of the most potent types of indoor energy to benefit from are plants and 100% pure essential oils, derived right from nature. No other natural elements have as much power as plants and the distilled essence of plant chi. Read on to learn more about using essential oils to help give your space a Feng Shui makeover.
Thousands of years ago, before modern medicine came in and invented synthetic representations of nature’s chemical compositions, almost every tradition used fragrance, herbs, and plant extracts in medicinal ways. Essential oils are received by the pituitary gland which governs cell generation and growth. These potent oils provide support for every system in our body. Their medicinal properties aid in good health and healing and help support every system in the human body! Wow, Mother Nature is powerful!
Basically, essential oils can be thought of as the pure essence or life energy of a plant. The oils are extracted from plants, shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, fruit, rinds, resins, and herbs. Using pure essential oils in aromatherapy is a great way to help create a fresh positive space and energy flow.
While there are three main ways to get the oils into your system: topically, through ingestion, diffusion or inhalation, the easiest way to get them into your space, and reap the Feng Shui benefits, is to diffuse them. Wondering which oils reap the most benefits in Feng Shui? Here’s a list of nine of the most popular Feng Shui essential oils and their uses:
- Clary Sage: For thousands of years clary sage has been used by cultures from all over the world to help clear a space of negative energies. Due to this, It is often used during meditation to help the mind to focus.
- Eucalyptus: Can be used to relieve fever. Eucalyptus is an expectorant that, when diffused, helps clear the airways allowing for deep breathing which oxygenates the system and keeps the head clear.
- Frankincense: This amazing oil is the most powerful essential oil for the spirit. Use this aromatic oil to ground and balance you. It can help relieve stress, clear your nasal passages, and reduce pain and inflammation.
- Jasmine: Traditionally used by the Chinese, this oil induces a feeling of confidence and optimism. Spray your space for a feeling of euphoria and well-being.
- Lavender: This is one of the most popular and commonly used oils. Treat the air with lavender to stabilize and calm you so you can release those negative thoughts. Lavender is an antidepressant, can help ward off anxiety and is a relaxant. With so many uses, this essential oil is a must-have.
- Neroli: This essential oil is a powerful tool to promote self-love, acceptance, and inspire creativity. Physically, this oil can reduce inflammation and pain, decrease blood pressure as well as cortisol levels, and is an anticonvulsant. If you seek mindfulness, clarity, and inner peace, Neroli’s your answer.
- Rosemary: This oil helps to combat mental fatigue while also stimulating the circulatory system.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is extremely cleansing and helps to lift the spirits while breaking up negative thoughts. It’s woody scent relaxes the muscles and helps to relax the inner noise and busy mind, giving you the ability to relax and focus. This oil also acts as an aphrodisiac.
- Tea Tree: Tea tree is known for it’s antibiotic and antiseptic properties. Adding this oil to oil blends can freshen, sanitize, and deodorize the air. Tea tree will help purify the space after illness and creates an uplifting atmosphere.
Aromatherapy is a holistic art and science of using a plant’s essence found within essential oils to help restore harmony and balance. There are about 300 essential oils on Earth and these oils have literally thousands of uses. By using only 100% pure essential oils, you are ensuring that you have the highest vibrational chi needed for energy clearing. These oils are so potent and powerful that an environment will begin to change within minutes of their use.
Mother Nature is so amazingly powerful and so are the people who have tried, learned, and taught us how to benefit from all-natural essential oils. These oils have over a million uses, from providing support and healing for our bodies, to emotional and spiritual support, to an alternative to cleaning with toxic chemicals in the home. If you have a need, there’s probably an oil for it. It’s no surprise that the powerful, purifying, positive energy these oils hold can help the Feng Shui in any space. They are a must-have in our Feng Shui tool box.
In order to create good, healing energy through the use of essential oils, it is necessary to get the highest quality, 100% therapeutic, Grade A oils. I personally use and recommend Young Living Essential Oils. If you would like to learn more about Young Living Essential Oils click here.
If you need guidance on how to improve your space and your life, I’m always available to help. Learn more on my website today and book a virtual or in-person consultation. Better Feng Shui can help you in profound ways on life’s journey.
I am a 3rd generation Feng Shui expert and have helped thousands of people add harmony and balance to their homes and offices without making it look like a Chinese restaurant exploded.
I can help you attract the life that you deserve with Feng Shui. Contact me today!
Know someone who hasn’t yet heard how essential oils can help them? Share this post with them on Facebook!